Saturday, October 25, 2008

Two Encounters!

That's right, this time I'm writing about two encounters that happened this week.

Encounter #1
While I went to purchase some children's clothing for Isaiah, the lady at the register took a look at my t-shirt:

Lady at Register: Are those the names of your kids?

Me: Uh.....no.

Lady at Register: Oh, I'm sorry.  The weather must be getting to me.

Then she told her co-worker to look at my t-shirt and told her that she thought the names were my children's names.  Keep in mind that both of these women were also staring at my chest.

Encounter #2 
While pushing my son on a saucer swing, two girls on the other swing started giggling.  I overhead one of the girls (Girl #1) tell her friend (Girl #2) that Isaiah is my son.  Her friend didn't believe her, so that girl told her to ask me.

Girl #2: Is that your son?

Me: Yeah.

Girl #1: He's very quiet.

Me: Yeah, he's only 4 years old.

Girl #2: How old were you when you had him?

Me: That's really none of your business.

Girl #2 looked shocked as hell when I said that.  I'm thinking well she asked and that's what she gets.  Both girls seem to be around the age of 10 - 13.  Kids these days....

No comments: