Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fresh Oysters, Anyone?

This past weekend, my family and I went to an oyster farm, up north near Point Reyes Station. To get to Tomales Bay Oyster Company, the oyster farm, we drove through many turns before reaching our destination. Once we reached the oyster farm, we come to find a bunch of wooden tables and barbecue pits, with lots of cars parked to feast on this so-called fresh specialty. We copped ourselves a table, bought some oysters, along with a bottle of hot sauce, a lime, and a shucking knife. Of course, we had to open the oysters ourselves, the staff of the oyster farm just sold us the tools and goods.

While my mom and bro were shucking oysters, I walked out with Isaiah to Tomales Bay, almost near the water but not quite. After they were done shucking oysters, we all ate. Well, except for Isaiah because he's still too young. Instead, he ate some saltine crackers. After an hour drive to buy some oysters and clams, I think we all had a good experience.

Though, next time if you ever decide to go there, remember to bring charcoal, drinks, a shucking knife, table cloths, and whatever else you can think of for a barbecue. The oyster farm only has the food. Also, I had a chance to practice on my photography.






I'm not even sure who ate this oyster.

No comments: