Monday, June 2, 2008

Album Review: Usher's "Here I Stand"

Usher has well established himself in the music industry, along with this being his sixth studio album, Here I Stand. From starting out as a young teen with P. Diddy to a "grown-man" working with Jermaine Dupri. Now aside from all the fame and success he has had with his previous albums, this one was less than mediocre. With the single, Love in this Club, that has had many plays, though too repetitive on the radio and elsewhere, the song has all the right tones and melodies but the lyrics do not attract me as much.

I'll be honest, this album could have done much better and does not par up to his last two previous albums, Confessions & 8701. After 4 years from Confessions, I would think Here I Stand would show some improvements, if not only the same level of quality music.

Although I do not like this album as much as his previous albums, Usher does have some slow songs that makes it a good listen. He does not have too many collaorations on his album, except for Jay-Z, Beyonce, Lil Wayne, and Young Jeezy.

My favorite tracks:
  • Before I Met You
  • His Mistakes
  • Appetite
  • Lifetime

http://www.myspace.com/usher

No comments: