Thursday, July 17, 2008

New iPhone 3G!

So after waiting in line for 2 1/2 hours, I finally got my iPhone. I didn't think I had to wait in line, I mean don't people have other important things to do besides waiting in line for an iPhone?

Apparently not.

As a result of waiting in line for that long, my cheeks and nose became all red. At least, I got some sun, right?

KRON 4, a Bay Area local news station, was there filming people in line, including me, and asking questions to a few.

Earlier today, I canceled my contract with T-Mobile. Both reps tried really really hard to persuade me to stay. One rep told me false things, such as, if I wanted to keep my old number then I would have to pay the penalty fee or get a new number to waive that fee. I told her I'll change my number then. Then, she told me about the unlimited messages plan and I told her that I don't want to pay $10 for that.

Okay, next comes the account rep who does cancellations and she tells me that I can keep my number without paying the penalty, so clearly that first rep was lying. Other than that, she was not much different in persuasion techniques. She told me that I could block incoming messages. I told her that I couldn't do that because someone from work whose number is not in my contacts list might text me. I would miss his or her text messages. Then she said oh well then you can block all incoming messages. Now why would I want to do a crazy thing like that? After all that persuading and convincing, I was finally able to cancel my contract without penalty. Also, called back to make sure that the "penalty would be waived" was noted in my account.

Oh yeah, if you are with T-Mobile and still under contract and would like to get out of it without paying the early termination fee, you now can if you have used text messages or went over your text messaging plan within the past 3 months, because of the increase in the price of text messaging to $0.20 starting in late August.

No comments: